Saturday 25 February 2012

Rock 'n' Roll

It's been a while since I blogged and I thought I would resurrect my writing with an entry into Julia's 100 Word Challenge for Adults. This weeks prompt was, in honour of Shrove Tuesday, "...the flip side..." I suggest you pop over to Julia's Place where you can find all the much better attempts than this one.








The crackles were somehow comforting. Once the sneezing fit had subsided Graham and Kim had slumped down in their battered but oh so comfy sofa. They’d spent the afternoon clearing the loft, ready for the conversion. Well that was the idea anyway. Of course, on their first sojourn up the ladder for many years, each box opened was a treasure trove of memories.

“Rock ‘n’ Roller Disco,” sighed Graham. “The first album I ever bought. Side one was the best. The Flying Lizards, the Jags and this one by Bill Lovelady.”

“What’s on the flip side?” asked Kim.

“BA Robertson.”


 

1 comment:

  1. This is so realistic. I've lost count of the number of times I've gone to get something in particular from the loft, and been side-tracked by everything else that's up there.

    ReplyDelete